Saturday, June 13, 2009

Shunt

Shunt is just awesome... had to just say it.
It's essentially a part club, part art gallery/studio... sorta like thing, hehe.

Here's a bit of my experience tonight... well, last night now I guess:

The entrance leads you into a room lined with mathematical equations, walls, ceiling and all... After leaving We have a look a some photography and models made with general household objects...

While there I was promptly directed away and alone into a room and locked in to what was to be an all out interrogation.. luckily, headphones you wear give your responses so don[t have to do the talking, but the atmosphere just great.

After I got out, I was locked in a room to lie in a hammock watching nebula photos with space shuttle transmissions playing over really relaxing background music. Even got a ticket for the ride :)

Pity I didn't get any pictures of those, but next after walking farther down, the corridor seems to go one forever (more so than I remember) but as we get closer we see the next piece:


Next it's through a dark room, spot lights focusing on a flower set in glass...

I know.. the photos aren't great... my phone camera is the best I got at the moment, sorry.

Anyway, to cut a long story short... it's gotta be the best night out to be had in London... and the cherry on top; each time it's different!

To finish off I'll just add a few more pics of what I could get a shot of:



A representation of our solar system... with random objects; soccer ball, snooker ball, marble...

One of the live bands playing on one of the stages


Sexy steamed up windows or a morbid picture of an end... you decide.


Love letters from heaven.... or at least above the doorway to be specific.

A bit of jazz near another bar


The library.. I mean, main bar :)


A corner of the main dance floor... terrible pic again... sorry.

Anyway, to really understand, you just have to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home